Saturday, May 2, 2020
Noob Car Review: Ford Fusion SE EcoBoost AWD
A while ago, I got my drivers permit. This, of course, opened up a wide range of opportunities to me, one of which is (obviously) driving. Over the past several months, I have driven three cars: a 2008 Toyota Sienna, a 2005 Acura MDX, and, my personal favorite, a second-gen Ford Fusion, owned by my local driving school. I believe it's a 2013 or 2014 model, but it is the overall best car I've driven. Compared to both other cars, the Fusion is a breath of fresh air. The Fusions' steering isn't quite as analog and communicative as the MDXs' hyraulic rack, but it's far more talkative than the rack in the Sienna, which is dead no matter how high the lateral load. The Fusions' strongest point, however, is its powertrain. This is where the advancements of the past 15 years become the most apparent. The two-liter turbo is an eager, potent little unit, with a surprising amount of thrust, and the six-speed auto it's mated to is wonderfully smooth and quick, always in the right gear. Boost comes on quickly, and the engine has a satisfying surge of torque right around 2,500 RPM. This is combined with an AWD system that probably helps things along, though I'm not sure. I didn't really get to push the car hard when I drove it. Overall, there is a sharp dartyness to the Fusion that is surprising, considering its reputation and class. Interior-wise, the Fusion is fairly good. The overall aesthetic of the interior is very clean and futuristic, with an overall very sleek, flowing design. There is a healthy helping of fake aluminum and piano black trim, which looks quite nice. The seating position feels nice and low, and the high beltline enhances that sensation of lowness, giving the car a cozy, secure feeling. The seats are rather firm though, even if they do provide good support. As good as the interior was, there were some issues. First off, the buttons in the center console are capacitive, meaning there is very little feedback when you press them. Also, the back seats are very low, and quite difficult to get in and out of. But, once you get in, the back seat is spacious and well appointed, with adjustable rear climate vents, USB ports, and a 12V outlet. To wrap things up, I'd say the Fusion has fairly good driving dynamics, a wonderful powertrain, and a decent interior. Overall, a pretty good car I'd recommend to friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment